- Set up a tall target at 50 yards or 100 yards (PHYSICALLY MEASURE FROM TARGET TO SCOPE) with a vertical line (confirmed with plumb bob or level).
- Place an aim point near the bottom of the vertical line and shoot a group to confirm zero.
- Dial up at least 30 MOA (or 10 MILS) of elevation and shoot another group.
- Measure the distance between shot groups with a tape measure. ( See fractions to decimals table at bottom of page )
- Use the calculator below to calculate your scopes Correction Factor (CF).
- Apply the Correction Factor to any raw ballistic solution to account for scope tracking error.
- Enter Correction Factor into Sight Scale Vertical section of the Applied Ballistics Solver. ( SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW VIDEO )
- Watch our video for instructions on use of our Correction Factor Calculator and how to do a tall target test